Description / Requirements
Our client, a well-established company, leader in their segment in the global maritime industry seeks to employ a Purchaser, based in their headquarters in Athens, Greece.
Job Purpose and Summary
The purchaser as a member of Fleet Operations Team, is expected to write and process purchase orders, shop for the best available deals, monitors inventory, ensures delivery of goods and manage relationships with vendors, with the objective to secure vessels’ timely supply with necessary goods and services through effective and cost efficient processes.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assigned to carry out and monitor vessels' supplying activities
- Executes full purchasing cycle (RFQs>PO>forwarding) and ensures products and services are delivered on time
- Monitors and provides regular reporting on inventories and budget
- Produces statistics and comparisons related to the purchasing activity, upon request of the Ship Manager
- Performs all necessary arrangements for the proper delivery of goods to vessels, following the instructions of Ship Manager
- Liaises with accounting department on the proper mapping of invoices to the purchase orders and other issues relating to the billing & payment of POs
- Acts a strong team player providing support to ship management department in order to achieve agreed targets and challenges as defined by the Fleet Manager
- Builds and maintains professional relationships with vessels, vendors & expert functions across the organization
- Handles critical situations with the vendors, aiming to provide on time & high end services to the vessels
- Conducts research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality
- Provides feedback on vendors and proposes improvements on purchasing processes and procedures
- Participates in reviews / investigation on malfunctioning or mis-performing material / equipment that has been purchased
- Preferred formal education: University or TEI Degree in Business Administration or Maritime Studies and/or diploma in Procurement
- Minimum 3 years demonstrable experience in buyer’s or purchaser’s role; preferably within a shipping company
- Excellent communication skills, both in written and verbal English
- Strong Knowledge of MS Excel and Word; Experience in working in SAP environment, will be considered an asset
- Detail oriented, with ability to work under pressure & tight deadlines, team player
- High integrity, ability to build alliances to get things done, respect for others and for diversity
The company offers an attractive remuneration package and very good career prospects.