Description / Requirements
Our client is a leading company in the utilities sector.
The job holder will be responsible for the continuous development and management of architectures, policies, practices and procedures, in order to enable the Company to allocate, optimize, protect and leverage on the quality and use of data and Meta data as an enterprise asset, so as enhance decision making.
- Identifies and prioritizes the data-driven investment priorities.
- Develops and executes architectures, policies, practices and procedures for managing the information lifecycle, in order to ensure comprehensible, complete, correct, clear, dependable and therefore high-quality data for enabling managerial decisions, thus strengthening how the company extracts value and commercializes the firm’s data assets and related solutions.
- Defines business rules for handling data and support Division representatives (Data owners, data stewards) on how that data will be used and managed (minimum standards for Data Dictionary and Data Lineage documentation). Communicates and updates relevant Company documentation.
- Establishes initiatives to reinforce the shift toward a data focused culture. Trains Data Owners and Data Stewards within B.Us on data and meta-data maintenance, Data responsibility and compliance to Data Requirements & Standards and in identification and reporting of data quality issues, so as to maintain data integrity.
- Works closely with Risk and Compliance to implement controls that will respect the privacy rights, regulatory, legal and client contractual restrictions, as well as with IT in effectively cleansing all defects, across all applicable systems, to maintain Data Quality.
- Formalizes the regular controls of effectiveness of the Data Quality processes within the Data Governance Framework.
- Investigates and quantifies possible data defects and analyze the nature, root cause and impact of the defect.
- Establishes and monitors binding DQ metrics, rules and measuring points.
- Collaborates with Internal Audit, to ensure that policies, procedures and metrics are in place for maintaining/improving the Framework.
- Creates DQ reporting, standards, tools and templates and participates in the relevant Company bodies (Committees etc.).
- Graduate degree in Computer Engineering or IT. A postgraduate degree will be considered an asset.
- Over 4 years of relevant working experience in Data Governance, within a developed, multinational setting.
- 4 years of working experience in Data Management and Data Analysis (including Data Modeling, Data Warehousing, Data Integration and Reporting); Previous working knowledge of relevant quality standards protocols will be considered beneficial.
- Proven experience in management of systems and processes.
- Advanced communication skills in order to coordinate information and people between different Divisions.
- Proven experience in best practices consulting, policies documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal & team working skills.
- Very good Project Management capabilities.
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills.
- Very good knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Excellent knowledge of English language.