Description / Requirements
Our client is a well-established company operating in the Dry Bulk Carrier shipping industry.
The position holder will be responsible for delivering the service level required from the business Unit and for ensuring that the ships are operated to the highest of standard in compliance with the legal and regulatory requirements and in accordance with standards and policies.
- Ensures the fleet's efficient operation, providing guidance and support to the Superintendent Engineers and the coordinators of technical department, in accordance with general policies and directions by Technical Manager.
- Contributes in projects' evolvement in order to assist Technical Management keeping the company pioneer with new regulations, requirements and industry developments.
- Provides technical instructions and guidance to the on-board engineers in order to assist them in handling technical matters and troubles.
- Monitors and controls daily operation of the fleet and its team in order to ensure the minimum technical operating standards and to achieve best performance possible.
- Coordinates and monitors surveys / inspections done by the Superintendent Engineers in order to keep track of each vessel's condition, outstanding and operating standards.
- Communicates maintenance requirements to ensure maximum efficiency and implement corrective actions as required and collaborates with other departments on cross-department initiatives.
- Maintains records, reports and files of maintenance, repairs, depreciation, mileage, etc.
- Prepare and maintains the annual budget by analyzing and reviewing the financial data and by controlling and authorizing the expenditures done.
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience as Fleet Manager within well-established maritime companies operating dry cargo or wet vessels that include heavy equipment and fleet management, mechanical maintenance and budget administration.
- University degree from a recognized university with a major in Mechanical Engineering.
- Prior sea-going experience would be considered as a strong asset.
- Excellent command in Greek and English Language (oral/written).
- Computer literacy sufficient to operate spreadsheet and word processing applications (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint).
- Proven advanced machinery and mechanical troubleshooting / problem-solving skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to influence.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills and ability to build and maintain genuine relationships that are built on trust, networking both internally and externally.
- Excellent organizational skills and effective planning ability.
- Advanced analytical and numerical skills.
- Results orientation, can-do attitude and decision making skills.
- Self-motivation and team player mentality.
The company offers an attractive remuneration package and career prospects within a well-established organization.