Description / Requirements
We are a leading and profitable Insurance Group and we are seeking to recruit a Cost Controller to reinforce our Finance team.
The Cost Controller will report directly to the Cost Management Head and will be accountable for Cost Control activities including, but not limited to, those of cost estimating, budget control, cost forecasting, cost reporting and cost risk analysis.
Main Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Be responsible for Budget development, liaising with all relevant stakeholders across hierarchy acting within the corporate cost management framework and processes. Submits related planning and develops effective performance monitoring on a regular and ad-hoc basis
- Implement expense analysis and cost allocation models for various business analysis needs and segmental reporting in multiple dimensions.
- Highlight areas of concern and suggest improvements while supporting the implementation of financial and business performance optimization cases.
- Provide reports and advice management of actual or estimated cost overruns, allowing corrective actions to be taken in a timely manner.
- Develop, implement and maintain cost control tools that track spending vs. budget for numerous active projects.
- Ensure accuracy of journal entries regarding administrative and acquisition expenses.
- Evaluate procurement requests and align with budget.
- Review procurement contracts/ agreements and ensure that all related costs are in compliance with them.
- Perform business analyses and presentations to support the management in decision-making.