Description / Requirements
A Financial Institution is seeking to employ an Applications D/B Administrator that has the experience and abilities to:
- Administer the institution’s database applications (Oracle, SQL, MySQL, etc.) by implementing changes and working with third party suppliers to ensure the operational integrity of the systems.
- Administer the core financial system of the institution and other related applications (Risk, Intranet, MIS, etc.).
- Implement patches, routines and upgrades on institutions applications.
- Install, deploy and maintain the system and software project development.
- Provide support and assistance with the configuration and troubleshooting of the systems.
- Install and maintain new versions of the institution’s financial system.
- Monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users.
- Refine the physical design to meet system storage requirements.
- Deploy, install and test new versions of the database management system.
- Control access permissions and privileges.
- Manage and test backup and recovery plans.
- Ensure that storage, archiving, backup and recovery procedures are functioning correctly.