Description / Requirements
A Financial Institution is seeking to employ an experienced in-house lawyer to work with and assist the Head of the Legal Department, external attorneys and the staff on a wide range of operational, compliance and customer matters.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Drafting/reviewing and/or negotiating contracts, agreements and other documents with third parties related to the Bank’s business, operational and administrative activities (e.g. NDAs, LOIs, SPAs, etc.).
- Producing and/or updating standardized legal documents and FI’s terms and conditions, in compliance with the domestic and international legal and regulatory framework/ requirements and relevant best practices.
- Advising on corporate legal matters, in compliance with the Societes Anonymes law and the Corporate Governance principles.
- Provision of legal advice and evaluation of possible repercussions in connection with the development of new products and the rendering of new services.
- Provision of directions and guidance to the management and the staff to ensure their awareness and adherence to the applicable domestic and EU laws, rules and regulations.
- Assisting the staff in operational issues.
- Opining on complaints handling, legal investigations, company law issues, banking regulations (Greek and EU) etc.
- Continuous assessment of legal risks, in the different banking/transactional/services/ products areas and making recommendations for improvements to policies and procedures
- Reviewing and opining on the legalization documents of the legal entities – customers of the Bank (Greek companies, EU companies, offshore companies).