Description / Requirements
Our client, a well-respected multinational financial services company, is seeking to recruit a Data Protection Officer.
The position holder will be working closely with the General Manager and reporting directly to the BOD and will be duly and timely involved in all matters relating to the protection of personal data, ensuring that the company is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Informs and advises company management, supervisors, internal teams and all employees who process personal data, in respect of their obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation and the applicable data protection legislation.
- Identifies, defines and tracks the regulatory environment in the local country and monitors company compliance with regards to the General Regulation on Data Protection, the applicable data protection legislation, and with the company's respective policies in force.
- Provides advice and instructions on how to conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) and monitors its implementation.
- Acts as a point of contact for regulatory authorities on processing-related issues
- Identifies and evaluates the company’s data processing activities
- Writes and updates detailed guides on data protection policies