Description / Requirements
A leading company operating in the financial sector seeks an experienced professional to join its dynamic team of experts based in Athens.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support and contribute on procurement strategy and procedures that are innovative, cost-effective, and incorporate the growing complexities and challenges within industry
- Compare proposals for price and specifications
- Negotiate with vendors to reduce costs
- Review contract specifications on behalf of the company
- Communicate with vendors to ensure quantity and timing of the deliveries
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with critical suppliers
- Adopt transformational activities to build procurement organizational capabilities and improve procurement efficiency
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly procurement reports
- Ensure adherence to all safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations
- Maintain and update procurement records/files and generate reports on procurement and contract activity to meet organizational compliance requirements and provide access to procurement information.
- Escalate procurement and contract management issues where required.
- Apply legal, policy and organizational guidelines and procedures in relation to procurement and contract management
- Validate stakeholder business needs, compile and source market information, and assist in analyzing markets and assessing risk to inform procurement planning and sourcing decisions
- Monitor, evaluate and improve supplier performance, according to Supplier Evaluation process, on a continuous basis