Description / Requirements
Our client is a well-established and dynamic Greek company, key player in the consumer goods sector, operating its production unit in Greece.
Reporting to the Supply Director, the right incumbent will be responsible for coordinating the procurement of services and materials required by the company in a cost-efficient, timely and effective manner.
- Ensures the implementation of the procurement strategy and policy for the company
- Analyzes the market to identify and source new suppliers with a goal to reduce costs of materials and services
- Develops a consolidated supplier base, obtains price quotations and secures competitive bids for materials and services
- Monitors the execution of tenders, actively participates in contract negotiations, evaluates and approves proposals
- Maintains suppliers’ database, administers and reviews contracts for accuracy
- Initiates and maintains partnerships with external suppliers to build strong, long-term business relationships
- Participates in the set-up of and monitors the annual departmental budget
- Improves processes and employs best practices to ensure timely and cost-effective procurement of materials and services
- Monitors that appropriate authorizations and documentation are obtained for procurement activities