Description / Requirements
As a Product Development Technical Specialist, you will provide the Product Development team the required technical insights for the development of new customer meaningful products and services, by working closely with a cross-functional team including actuarial and underwriting. The Product Development Technical Specialist will be joining the Product Development Unit, part of the Marketing & Business Development General Division.
- Brings to the Product Development team the required technical insights by closely cooperating with:
o Technical Division for the necessary inputs to the business case (life and property underwriters and pricing actuaries for the pricing and the profitability), the product specifications and other technical issues such as risk appetite, reinsurance etc.
o Consumer Insights Specialist for the R&D aspects the of product development cycle.
o Product Manager for the creation of the product specifications, the business case and the Product Information Document.
- Liaises with the Fairfax Innovation Lab for new product ideas, and with other Fairfax companies for product ideas and reinsurance support.
- Communicates the product specifications to the Technical Division to ensure proactiveness in the setup of the product terms, reserving and budgeting tasks.
- Suggests product offerings and/or bundles.
- Keeps track of the insurance market for new developments (local and global market).